The Benefits of ROP Programs
Tri-Valley ROP | Benefits of ROP
• Workbound and collegebound ROP students are able to explore careers. (Training in 27 career fields offered.)
• ROP students gain a better understanding of how academics relate to careers.
• ROP students find out if they excel in a particular occupation before investing additional time and resources.
• ROP students acquire valuable practical experience and professional contacts in their field of interest.
• ROP alumni are able to effectively compete in the job market.
• ROP alumni can earn a living while pursuing additional/higher education.
• ROP students can work towards earning a high school diploma and college credits.
• ROP helps increase the graduation rate, and may contribute to a reduction in the high school dropout rate.
• ROP provides career academic curriculum which may assist students with passing the high school exit exam.
• Some ROP staff work on high school campuses and serve as a valuable faculty resource.
• Employers can draw from a pool of skilled workers.
• Employers (who serve as an ROP internship site) can see peoples' work skills before hiring them.
• Employers can shape education and impact the economy by offering advice on ROP curriculum.
• Employers can reduce labor turnover, absenteeism, and on-the-job injuries by employing ROP's well-trained alumni.
• Employers gain recognition for their dedication to education.
• ROP helps reduce the unemployment rate through training and job placement efforts. The program generates more wage earners, increasing the number of taxpayers directly supporting their local community.
• ROP helps reduce the number of people relying on welfare and public assistance funds.
• ROP training is tuition-free and available to people of all economic levels.
• CAROCP (California Association of Regional Occupational Centers/Programs) is a statewide professional organization that helps the 72 statewide ROCP's meet community needs. Business leaders are encouraged to join.