Middle College High School at Las Positas College
Middle College High School at Las Positas College will be accepting applications for approximately 70 juniors (Class of 2026) for the 2024-2025 academic year. In addition, we may have a minimal number of spots in our senior cohort (Class of 2025). Only students currently enrolled within DUSD, LVJUSD, and PUSD are eligible to apply. Students cannot be credit deficient. For additional information, please contact Amy Brown firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is Middle College?
Middle College is an alternative education collaboration between the Tri-Valley Regional Occupational Program and Las Positas College. Middle College provides a supportive, academically rigorous environment for self-directed learners looking for a non-traditional collegiate pathway. Middle College gives students an opportunity to achieve high school and college academic success, to explore and pursue vocational and career aspirations, and to prepare themselves for future college experiences in a supportive, academically-challenging environment. Working in collaboration with Las Positas College, Middle College students pursue post-secondary goals through a highly engaging instructional program that is based on critical thinking, collaboration, and effective communication.
The goals of Middle College include...
- helping students adequately prepare themselves for college.
- helping students adequately prepare themselves for a career.
- exposing students to several career opportunities and courses not available to typical high school students.
- providing students the support services needed to be successful in high school and college courses.
- giving students a solid foundation for “life as a college student.”
- emphasizing that college can be “for all students."
- increase representation of students from underrepresented groups in higher education.
The potential Middle College student...
- is a creative, independent learner.
- seeks a more mature learning environment.
- aspires to continue post-secondary education.
- may be a first-generation college student.
- has the ability to succeed in a college environment.
- has academic potential, but may not be achieving in the traditional high school setting.
Benefits of Middle College for students...
- join an inclusive learning community of committed students.
- earn college units while completing high school requirements.
- explore individual interests and career pathways.
- gain a solid foundation for navigating the transition to college.
- may continue participating in sports, clubs, and activities at home high schools.
The TVROP Middle College High School program is proud to be a California School Board Association recognized Golden Bell Award-Winning Program.
Middle College program honored for innovation, collaboration - Pleasanton Weekly 2018